Gentle and effective treatment…
Cranial Osteopathy is a refined and subtle type of osteopathic treatment that uses very gentle manipulative pressure to encourage the release of stresses throughout the body, including the head. The result is improved circulation and lymphatic drainage, which enables the body to restore its equilibrium. Cranial Osteopathy is suitable and effective for all ages, from very young babies to the elderly. In fact, some of our youngest patients are just a few days old.
While it can help relieve symptoms, cranial osteopathy aims to treat the whole person not just the condition, so a very wide range of situations may benefit from treatment. These may include:
- Back, Neck & Joint Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Digestive Difficulties
- Recurrent Infection
- Period Pain
- Headaches, Migraine & Sinus Problems.
Patients often report an improvement in general well being, energy levels, sleep patterns and also in areas of symptoms other than those that brought them to the osteopath in the first place.
Cranial Osteopathy may help a wide variety of conditions in babies and young children, for example:
- Digestive problems like colic and feeding difficulties as a result of changed mechanical stresses
- Sickness and wind problems as a possible result of stomach and diaphragm pressure changes
- Screaming, crying, irritability and hyperactivity due to uncomfortable head pressure or glue ear
- Sleep disturbances as a result of increased irritability in the nervous system.